PRANA del MAR | CABO SAN LUCAS
WORKAWAY YOGA RETREAT
We need to retreat from the demands of life to rest our body, create space to explore possible paths and reconnect with our life’s purpose. We retreat from our life to
find our soul again.
Get your Business Owner OHM on
Join your hosts, Krista Chapman & Tom Larkin for an intimate, work-away style retreat in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico! A week of sun, surf and desert expanse all for creating space in your demanding life. Space for self-care, space for exploration, space for new friendships, space for focusing on those projects that never make it to the top of your list. All free of the demands of our offices, homes, spouses, employees, children, your overloaded and busy life.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a project they are working on in their business or life that needs uninterrupted focus and collaborative input. A new business you are launching, a book you are writing, a marketing plan to grow your business, an idea you never seem to have time to explore. Or simply bring yourself and use the BOOM retreat to explore your soul.
Single Occupancy $3855 per person
Double Occupancy $2795 per person
Attendance is limited to a maximum of 12 people. We expect this retreat to sell out so be sure to secure your spot with a $500 non-refundable initial payment. Final balance is due on Oct 25, 2018, and payment plans are available. Please see below for additional information about booking and payments.
- 7-nights luxe accommodations at the exclusive, oceanside Prana del Mar Resort
- Freshly prepared, healthful meals, highlighting local and seasonal cuisine (3 per day)
- Twice daily yoga classes, featuring meditation, vinyasa & pranayama (accessible to all levels)
- 30 hour Yoga Alliance certified module available to yoga instructors that have completed their 200hr training
- Whale watching excursion in the Pacific Ocean
- Airport transfers from Cabo San Lucas International Airport to Prana del Mar
- All taxes & fees
- Roundtrip airfare to Cabo San Lucas
- Alcoholic beverages
- Additional gratuities or tips (not required but appreciated!)
MEET YOUR HOSTS
Tom Larkin | 500hr ERYT, Tom Larkin Yoga & Sanctuary for Yoga, Amatuer Comedian & Kid at Heart
Tom Larkin came to the full experience of yoga after many years in the business world creating visual art, playing sports, performing music, studying philosophy. A shift in path evolved into Sanctuary for Yoga, Body & Spirit in Nashville, Tennessee, which he co-founded with former wife, Daphne Larkin. Over the last 12 years, they have grown Sanctuary into one of the leading studios in Nashville and are sought after for the level and quality of teaching in classes, workshops, and teacher training programs. When he’s not at the studio or on a yoga mat, he enjoys spending time with his family, cooking, swimming, hiking, snow skiing or learning more about yoga’s deep roots.
Jai Shambo : Dwell in Joy
Krista Chapman | Small Business & Marketing Stategiest, Yogi & Nomad at heart
Krista Chapman is a small business and marketing strategist. As the owner and founder of Path & Compass, she uses thoughtful business and marketing strategies to guide business owners and leaders towards more meaningful success. These strategies show professionals how to connect with ideal clients, overcome nagging mindset hurdles and get clear on what brings them joy and makes them money. She earned her 200 RYT certification in 2012 and while she doesn’t teach yoga, her personal practice does guide her consulting work and life.
Follow your soul. It knows the way.
THE LOCATION | PRANA del MAR
This beautiful, beachfront retreat & wellness center is located on the southern tip of Baja Peninsula in a tranquil setting on the Pacific Ocean. Features include:
- Luxurious rooms & suites
- Delicious, locally inspired cuisine
- Rooftop lounge area
- Pool & jacuzzi
- Gardens & labyrinth
- Yoga studio with views of the Pacific Ocean
- Extensive spa services (additional cost)
- Excursions and activities including snorkeling, surf lessons, horseback riding, kayaking & hiking (additional cost)
Please visit the website to fall in love with the resort (like we did!): www.pranadelmar.com
Mornings will feature daily yoga/mediation, group discussions around different business/life topics and breakout sessions with your hosts.
Afternoons are open for self-study/work where your hosts and other attendees will be available for feedback and collaboration.
Or you have free time to lay by the pool, go snorkeling, get a massage, take a nap.
The day ends with an evening yoga practice and scrumptious dinner, followed by relaxing and networking with other attendees.
This daily schedule repeats for your entire stay at Prana del Mar, except for one day that will feature a trip out to sea where we’ll see whales in residence for the winter
BOOKING & PAYMENT
What is included in the
cost of the retreat?
All transfers, 7 nights lodging, all meals beginning with dinner on arrival day and ending with breakfast on departure day, yoga sessions, whale watching excursion. All taxes, fees and service charges for meals and rooms are included.
What is NOT included in
the cost of the retreat?
International airfare, gratuities, alcohol, sodas & drinks not included with meals, laundry, phone, non-mealtime food or “off menu” ordering, additional tours or transfers not included in the package, spa treatments, etc.
When is the balance
The balance is due Oct 25, 2018. Payment plans are available depending on when you register.
How do I pay the
We will send you an electronic invoice to pay securely online.
How to do I reserve a
space on the retreat?
Register online and make your initial $500 payment (non-refundable). Your spot is saved!
*Please note that
our retreats do NOT include
When should I book my flight?
We strongly recommend waiting until the retreat is fully confirmed (after all students have paid in full, around 3 1/2 months prior to the retreat). If you wish to book your flight earlier please note that there is a chance the retreat could be canceled (although that is unlikely).
What airport should I fly to?
San Jose del Cabo airport (SJD).
What about my transfers from the Airport?
Transfers to/from the international airport ARE included in your retreat package. Prana del Mar’s transport company will pick you up at the airport and shuttle you here (about 45 mins).
INTERNET & PHONE SERVICE
Will there be internet?
Yes, Internet access is available at the resort. While they are completely off-the-grid, they have a special radio-based Internet connection that provides wi-fi connectivity at our Community Building via relay system over the mountains to San Jose. Though not as fast as your connection at home, it works rather well. It does not consistently reach the guest rooms, however, so your best signal will be at our main building. Of course, retreats can also be a great opportunity to disconnect from your responsibilities and expects of home to be present and focused.
Is there cell phone
Prana del Mar has cell phone coverage through Mexico’s largest mobile communications company, Telcel. If you have AT&T, Verizon, or another provider that partners with Telcel, you will have coverage here. Do be sure to connect with your wireless company about international fees or plans before your trip.
WHAT TO PACK
What should I pack?
- Passport and any additional documentation as required by your nationality
- Any medications you may need
- Hand Sanitizer
- Insect Repellent
- Reading material/journal
- Reusable water bottle
- Daypack or satchel for tours
- Sturdy closed-toed hiking/walking shoes
- Waterproof/quick-drying hiking shoes or hiking sandals
- Beach shoes/flipflops
- Supportive swimsuit for snorkeling tours, kayaking, surfing
- Strap to retain eyeglasses/sunglasses during adventures
- Lightweight long pants for hiking and cool evenings
- Layered, lightweight clothing (can be cool in the mornings/evenings and hot during the day)
- Layered, lightweight yoga clothing (long layers are recommended for cool mornings or to avoid insects)
- Motion-sickness medication if you require for flights, boats or land transport
- Laptop or tablet (optional)
- Camera, waterproof camera for snorkeling (optional)
- Lightweight water-resistant jacket and or umbrella
- Spending money and tip money
- Eye mask and earplugs if you have trouble sleeping in new environments
Travel insurance is recommended when you are planning a vacation this far in advance as well as traveling internationally. Check out World Nomads, where you can find low-cost, comprehensive policies and travel tips: www.worldnomads.com/travel-insurance